The Ramblings Report: The Smackdown Before Summer Slam 07-31-2026

What's going on? It's been a while...

 

Anyhoo: thanks to the miracle of SiriusXM I'm able to keep tabs on WWE. I've decided to try WWE Radio this weekend, and I started by listening to Smackdown, and believe me all, paying for a SiriusXM subscription is a lot cheaper than paying for various other streaming services to keep tabs on the industry I love the most...pro wrestling.

Anyhoo, Smackdown starts with Finn Balor coming to the ring, he's quickly interrupted by Sami Zayn, and those to snipe back and forth until Gunther comes out, attacks them both, and then Nick Aldis comes out, attacks Gunther, locks him in the Texas Clover Leaf submission, and then Gunther lands a big boot on Aldis.

Then its Chelsea Green & Tiffany Stratton vs. B-Fab & Michin.

Jade Cargill gets involved and B-Fab & Michin pick up the victory. But then Charlotte Flair comes a out, Green & Stratton run off B-Fab & Michin. It's building excitement for the 5 woman ladder maatch this weekend at Summer Slam, with the final participant to be decided later in the evening.

Then the next match is a title vs. title match as WWE Tag Team Champions Damian Priest & R-Truth take on AAA Tag Team Champions Erik & Ivar The War Raiders (I still want to call them War Machine, becaus ethat what they were when I first saw them in the pre-Tony Khan Ring Of Honor Wrestling.) (ROH)

I don't know what the purpose of this match was, except to get Tama Tonga & Talla Tonga along with their daddy Haku some much needed screen time, the match ends in a double DQ, with the MFT and Haku coming to lay out both teams. Perhaps a triple threat for both tag titles could happen, either at Summer Slam or the next PLE.

Honestly, I was focusing on a book and don't remember the exact order of things, but I'm covering the whole show her folks.

Then the Judgment Day enter, and they confront AAA World Cruiserweight Champion Rey Fenix, and Dirty Dom (Who is the AAA Mega Champion...) challenges Rey on behalf of JD McDonough, for the title. The match is made official.

Rey Fenix retained the title with the help of Danhausen and the minihausens.

They had video pckages throughout the night, one for Haku and his (adopted?) sons Tama & Tolla Tonga. (Is Tonga Loa still there?).

And the other for Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns which is the main event of Summer Slam night 2.

Next match: Lash Legend vs. Giulia the winner gets the 5th and final spot in the 5-Way Ladder Match for the Interim Woman's Championship at Summer Slam.

 Lash Legend picks up the victory, so, at Summer Slam it'll be Tiffany Stratton vs. Chelsea Green vs. Charlottev Flair vs. Nia Jax vs. Lash Legend in a Ladder Match at Summer Slam .

 The final segment of the show was between CM Punk & The American Nightmare Codyv Rhodes, who will meet for the Undisputed WWE Championship ant Summer Slam night 1.

 Things got physical quickly between champion (Punk) & Challenger (Rhodes).

It was a decent, I think if I wasn't interested in trying to finish these books, I would've enjoyed the show more bu...c'est la vie! That's life!

Anyhow, I'll return tomorrow, and I'll do a take on Jim Cornette's Drive-Thru & Summer Slam Night 1. You can also catch some book reviews, and YouTube videos.

My Twitch Channel: Twitch.tv/Ramblingsreport 

My YouTube Channel: YouTube.com/Theramblingsreport 

And I'll be here to cover Summer Slam Night's 1 & 2, Raw, NXT, along with several wrestling podcasts & Smackdown, and if the simulcast it AAA as well.

 Until next time, I'll see ya when I see ya....peace! 

Comments